Barrel Fermented Chardonnay with Sauteed Chicken Breasts
chicken breasts - 1 per person
1 onion, sliced
1/2 c Chardonnay
1. Take 1 breast per person. If thick, pound down a bit using wax paper over and under chicken.
2. Saute in olive oil on each side until browned 3-4 minutes each side.
3. Add one sliced onion and continue to cook.
4. Add a few sliced mushrooms to pan and continue to cook, lower heat to medium.
5. Add about ½ cup of chardonnay to pan. This will loosen any brown bits on the bottom of pan. You can add about ½ cup of chicken broth also. Put lid on pan, lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
6. Take 2 T cornstarch and 2 T water and mix together in small bowl. Add to sauce to thicken and let simmer a little longer.
7. Serve with noodles or rice, and of course a glass of Hanover Park Barrel Fermented Chardonnay.
Provided by Hanover Park Vineyard, in Yadkinville, North Carolina.