Filet Mignon with Blackberry Wine Reduction
Two – 8 ox center cut filet mignons rimmed and skinned
10 oz – Tomasello Blackberry Wine
One medium onion, julienned
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Season filet with salt and pepper, both sides.
- Place in a very hot pan with one T of extra virgin olive oil.
- Sear on high heat until brown on both sides. Set aside in a covered dish so it stays warm.
- In the same pan, sauté julienned onion. Caramelize onion, tossing until golden brown.
- Deglaze onions in pan with Tomasello Blackberry Wine
- Remove filet from covered dish and finish in oven at 350 degrees to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile: Reduce wine with onions to a thick syrup consistency.
- Remove filet from oven. Pour sauce liberally over filet.
- Serve with garlic-mashed potatoes.
Provided by Tomasello Winery, New Jersey.