Beef Fillet with Vegetable Caponata and Rubesco Sauce
1 beef fillet of 400-500 gr
1 sweet yellow pepper
1 sweet red pepper
1 clove of garlic
1 litre of Rubesco
100ml of veal demi-glace
salt and pepper;
a small bouquet of aromatic herbs such as rosemary, thyme, chervil.
Ingredients for the Pepper Crust
200 gr of whipped butter
500 gr of sandwich bread
100 gr pink pepper
100 gr black pepper
200 gr grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
Directions for Fillet
1. Chop the vegetables into cubes and sauté each type separately. When still firm, remove from heat.
2. Clean the fillets and cut into 4 medallions, sauté in the saucepan with garlic and herbs.
3. Cover each one with a slice of the pepper crust, place in a 200°C oven and cook until desired doneness, medium or rare.
Directions for Pepper Crust
1. Whip the butter.
2. When it is foamy add the Parmesan, the pink and green peppers, salt and black pepper as needed.
3. Then add the bread which has previously been crumbled in a food processor.
4.Form a log shape and refrigerate until firm. Cut into 4 slices and place on the medallions before putting into the oven.
Directions for the Sauce
1. Add red wine to the saucepan where you sautéed the meat, adding shallot and reducing until half the volume, adjusting the density with the demi-glace.
2. Serve the fillet on a plate, placing it in the centre with the vegetables on one side, and then place the crust on the fillet; decorate with sauce and with cherry tomatoes and herbs.
3. Whip the butter. When it is foamy add the parmesan, the pink and green peppers, salt and black pepper as needed.
4. Then add the bread which has previously been crumbled in a food processor. Form a log shape and refrigerate until firm. Cut into 4 slices and place on the medallions before putting into the oven.
Recipe provided by Lungarotti in Umbria, Italy.