Open in new window to print
Title: Contessa Wine Cellars Italian Stuffed Mushrooms with Merlot
1 lb large regular mushrooms or baby portabellas (fills 16-20 large mushrooms)
¼ stick butter
½ small onion finely chopped
½ lb Italian sausage
¼ c Italian bread crumbs finely crushed
1 c Italian cheeses finely grated (parmesan, Asiago, Romano)
3 T Contessa Wine Cellar's Merlot
1. In frying pan, sauté onion and Italian sausage until sausage is done. Drain excess fat.
2. Melt butter in saucepan and set aside.
3. Combine bread crumbs with onion and sausage and pour butter over and mix well.
4. Add cheeses and mix again.
5. Place in washed and dried mushroom caps arranged on a baking sheet.
6. Bake at 375 until cheese is browned and melted.
Wine: Serve with Merlot a soft pleasurable complement to this appetizer.
Provided by Contessa Wine Cellars, Coloma, Michigan.