Open in new window to print
Title: Spanish Prawns in Garlic Sauce
2 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. plum tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
1 tsp. Spanish paprika, sweet
2 thyme sprigs
3 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, slivered
2 lbs. large prawns, peeled and deveined
¼ c white wine
salt and pepper
- To make the sofrito, heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the olive oil and the garlic. Cook for 10 seconds to soften without browning.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika and thyme sprigs and cook over medium heat until thick, stirring occasionally. Reserve.
- To serve, heat a large skillet over high heat.
- When the pan is hot add the remaining olive oil and garlic. Cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and toss over high heat.
- Once shrimp begin to turn pink, add in the tomato mixture and the white wine.
- Cook for a minute or two longer.
Serve hot with toothpicks.
Enjoy with a glass of Cakebread Cellars Sauvignon Blanc.
Recipe provided by Cakebread Cellars in Napa Valley, California.