Open in new window to print
Title: Mussels in White Wine Broth
2 lbs black mussels
1 ½ c Seyval, or enough to
cover ½” of bottom of pan
1 medium onion, coarsely
1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
¾ t Herbes de Provence
(thyme, parsley, rosemary,
2 Tbsp. butter
1. Wash and sort the mussels, discarding any that don’t close.
2. In a large covered pot, simmer the onion, celery and herbs in the wine for 5 minutes.
3. Add the mussels and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
4. Melt butter, and add a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter.
5. Put in individual serving dishes for dipping the mussels.
Tip: We like to put the Seyval and wine glasses in the freezer while cooking to get them ice cold. This is a delicious, easy to make dish.
Provided by Willocroft Farm Vineyards in Virginia