Open in new window to print
Title: Stuffed Mushroom Caps
16 large mushrooms, cleaned
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/4 c white wine
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 stick butter melted
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 c bread crumbs
1/4 c chicken broth
Fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Remove mushroom stems and set aside.
2. Melt 1/2 stick of butter in 9" x 12" baking dish and top with mushroom caps. Chop the mushroom stems.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add mushroom stems, garlic and onion. Saute over medium heat, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add wine and chicken broth. Fold in breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley. Remove from heat. Mound the mixture into each of the mushroom caps.
5. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees, broiling for about 1 minute at the end to crisp the tops. Serve warm.
Provided by Chumeia Vineyards, Paso Robles, California.