Open in new window to print
Category: Breakfast Foods
Title: Tipsy Fruit Pancakes
4 Cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (OR 4 Cups fresh cherries, pitted)
2 Cups Chateau Chantal Pear Brandy (Eau de Vie) (OR 1 500 ml bottle of Chateau Chantal Cerise)
4 c Buttermilk
4 T Oil
4 T Honey
4 c Flour
8 t Baking Powder
2 t Baking Soda
1. Place fresh fruit in a glass container and pour liquor over the top to submerge.
2. Cover and refrigerate the fruit and liquor overnight.
3. Strain the liquor off of the fruit the next morning and chop the fruit into
1/4 " pieces (a food processor works well for this). Set aside.
4. Mix together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and honey.
5. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients, then combine with the egg mixture, stirring just until mixed (mixture may be lumpy).
6. Fold the chopped fruit into the pancake mixture.
7. Heat a griddle to 350 degrees and lightly grease the surface with cooking oil.
8. Pour 1/4 cup pancake batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
9. When edges of the cake appear dry and small bubbles form on the surface of the batter, carefully lift and flip the cake with a spatula. Continue to cook until both sides of the cake are golden brown.
10. Serve pancakes with real maple syrup.
Yield: About 20 pancakes.
(*For Cherry Cerise pancakes simply substitute these ingredients for the
peaches and brandy).
(*Chateau Chantal's Pear Eau de Vie must be purchased at the winery; Chateau Chantal Cerise may be ordered from our web site, and shipped to certain states as regulation allows.)
Provided by Suzannah Greve, Chateau Chantal Cerise, Michigan.