Open in new window to print
Title: Spring Onion & Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
1 lb. sourdough bread, crust removed, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
5 T unsalted butter
3 bunches of scallions, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 large eggs
1 1/2 c heavy cream
3/4 c sour cream
1 T chopped basil
One 10 1/2 ounce log of fresh goat cheese, crumbled
Serve with a Viognier
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Spread bread cubes on baking sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
3. In a large skillet, melt butter over moderately high heat.
4. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring until scallions are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with heavy cream and sour cream.
7. Gently fold in bread cubes, scallions, basil and half of the goat cheese.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Let stand until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 30 minutes.
10. Transfer bread pudding to a 12X8X2 baking dish.
11. Sprinkle remaining goat cheese on top.
12. Set baking dish in roasting pan and add enough hot water to pan to reach halfway up side of baking dish.
13. Bake for 40 min. or until pudding is set and top is golden brown.
14. Serve hot or warm.
Tip: Make ahead...The unbaked bread pudding can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before baking.
Source: Cooking.com Provided by Prince Michel Vineyard and Winery, Virginia