Open in new window to print
Title: Late Harvest Cake
18 oz yellow cake mix (without pudding)
1 pkg vanilla pudding
1/2 c water
1 c Chateau Grand Traverse Late Harvest Riesling
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/2 c pecans, chopped
1/4 lb butter
1 c sugar
1/4 c water
1. Line bottom of a greased 10" tube pan with chopped pecans.
2. Blend cake mix, pudding, water, 1/2 c of wine, oil and eggs with mixer and pour into pecan-lined tube pan.
3. Bake at 325° F for 50-60 minutes.
1. Mix and boil for three minutes: butter, sugar and 1/4 c water.
2. Remove from heat and add remaining 1/2 c of wine.
3. pour this mixture over hot cake and leave in pan 30 minutes before turning out.
Provided by Chateau Grand Traverse, Michigan.