Open in new window to print
Title: Peaches and Cake
3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
½ c White Hall Soliterre (sweet dessert wine)
No-Fail Pound Cake
½ lb butter
½ t salt
1 ½ c all purpose flour
1 ½ c granulated sugar
1 t vanilla
1. Macerate peaches in wine for one half hour.
2. Serve over slice of pound cake and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
for no-fail pound cake
1. Place butter in bowl.
2. Sift flour into bowl over butter and blend.
3. Whip eggs with fork.
4. Add sugar, vanilla and salt to eggs and mix together using electric mixer.
5. Add egg mixture to flour mixture.
6. Blend together using mixer.
7. Pour into buttered loaf pan and bake at 325° for 1 ¼ hours.
Provided by White Hall Vineyards, White Hall, Virginia.