Open in new window to print
Title: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake With Walnut Crust
1 1/2 c walnut pieces
1 3/4 c sugar
4 T unsalted butter, melted
2 c sour cream
1 T pure vanilla extract
2 lbs cream cheese, softened
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
4 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 t pure almond extract
1/2 c heavy cream
Serve with a Merlot
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Butter a 10-inch springform pan.
3. In a food processor, pulse walnuts with 1/4 c of the sugar until finely ground.
4. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles moist sand.
5. Press crumbs into bottom of pan.
6. Bake for 12 minutes, or until browned around the edges.
7. In a small bowl, mix sour cream with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 t vanilla.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
9. In a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle or using a handheld electric mixer beat cream cheese at low speed with remaining 1 1/4 c of sugar and vanilla seeds just until combined.
10. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, scarping down bowl between additions.
11. Add remaining 2 t of vanilla and almond extract.
12. Slowly beat in cream until smooth.
13. Pour cheesecake batter into pan and bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until lightly golden and slightly jiggly in the center.
14. Immediately pour sour cream topping over cheese cake and smooth the surface.
15. Return cheesecake to the oven and bake for 5 minutes longer.
16. Transfer to a rack and let cool to room temperature.
17. Run a sharp, thin-bladed knife around cake and remove ring.
18. Refrigerate for 3 hours, then cover loosely with plast wrap and refrigerate overnight befoer serving.
Makes one 10-inch cheesecake.
Source: Cooking.com Provided by Prince Michel Vineyard & Winery, Virginia.