Open in new window to print
Title: Silver Nectar Honeydew Melon Granita
1 c Silver Nectar
1/4 c sugar
1/ 4 c water
4 c (or approximately 1 medium honeydew melon) cut in chunks
Note: Silver Nectar is a white wine made from the Torrontes grape. It offers a floral aroma with honey, peach and apricot flavors.
1. Combine the sugar and water in small saucepan and heat just until the sugar has completely melted. Set aside and let cool. Cut the melon into chunks and put in a bowl.
2. Once the sugar water has cooled, pour the melon, Silver Nectar and sugar water in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour mixture into plastic or non-reactive metal container only about 1/2 to 3/4” deep and place in freezer. How quickly it freezes will vary by your freezer and what type of container.
4. Check it after an hour and it should be slushy in the middle and more solid on the outside. With a fork, gently break up the outer edges and place back in the freezer. You can repeat this a few more times until it is a hard icy consistency.
5. Once it is completely frozen, you can serve in indivdiual cups. A nice option before serving is to sprinkle some more Silver Nectar over the granita just before serving or serve it with a chilled glass of Silver Nectar.
Provided by Chumeia Vineyards, Paso Robles, California.