Open in new window to print
Title: Lovers Leap Blackberry Wine Zucchini Bread
3 c all-purpose flour
½ t baking powder
1 t salt
½ t ground cinnamon
½ t ground nutmeg
1 t baking soda
1 ½ c white sugar
1 c vegetable oil
½ c Lovers Leap Blackberry Wine
2 c grated zucchini
1 c chopped pecans
1 c semisweet chocolate chips
1 T lemon zest (optional)
Whipped butter or whipped cream or Lovers Leap Black berry Wine Glaze
1. Preheat over at 350 degrees F. Grease (2) 9 by 5-inch loaf pans.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
4. Add sugar and continue beating until well blended.
5. Stir in oil, wine, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips, and lemon zest.
6. Stir in sifted ingredients. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
7. Bake for 50 minutes, or until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove loaves from pans and cool. Serve with whipped butter or whipped cream. May also top with glaze.*
*Optional Glaze may be prepared for an extra sweet treat. Combine sifted confectioners’ sugar with 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and a splash of Lovers Leap Blackberry Wine to make glaze consistency. Pour over cooled bread. Let set, slice and enjoy!
Recipe Provided by Lovers Leap Vineyards & Winery, Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.