Open in new window to print
Title: Almond Sherry Cookies
½ c butter
1/3 c granulated sugar
2 egg yolks, unbeaten
1 c coarsely ground almonds
½ t grated lemon zest
¼ t vanilla
¼ c Galleano Sherry
1 c all purpose flour
1/8 t salt
1. Cream butter; add sugar slowly.
2. Add egg yolks, beat until fluffy.
3. Add ½ c almonds, lemon zest and vanilla.
4. Sift flour and salt together.
5. Stir in Sherry alternately with flour and salt.
6. Drop by tablespoon onto remaining almonds sprinkled on waxed paper.
7. Pick up the ends of the paper and toss dough until coated with nuts.
8. Shape into balls of 1” diameter. Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
9. Place in upper middle of pre-heated 400º oven.
10. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Recipe provided by the historic Galleano Winery, Cucamonga Valley, California.