Open in new window to print
Title: Chocolate Cabernet Sauvignon Tart
2 c chocolate cookie crumbs
3/4 c heavy whipping cream
3/4 c Round Barn Cabernet Sauvignon
17 ½ oz chocolate, coarsely chopped (bittersweet; high quality)
1/8 c butter, melted
1/2 sour cream
½ c sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cookie crumbs in a bowl, pour melted butter over crumbs and mix to incorporate.
3. Press cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of a spring form pan.
4. Bake crust for 10 min or until firm.
5. Cool crust completely on wire rack.
6. While crust is cooling, place bittersweet chocolate in medium bowl and set aside.
7. In small, heavy saucepan, whisk together the cream, wine, sour cream and sugar.
8. Cook cream mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to bubble around the edges.
9. Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate and let mixture stand for 30 seconds to melt the chocolate.
10. Gently whisk until smooth.
11. Scrape the filling into the cookie crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
12. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Estimated Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 1/2 hrs
Recipe provided by Round Barn Winery, Michigan.