Open in new window to print
Title: Roasted California Bartlett Pears with Cinnamon and Wine
6 fresh California Bartlett pears, cut in quarters and cored
1/4 c honey
1/4 c light brown sugar
1/4 c dry red wine
1 t ground cinnamon
Glazed Almonds, for garnish (recipe follows)
Ingredients for Glazed Almonds
1 egg white
1 pkg (6 oz) sliced almonds
1/3 c granulated sugar
1. Place pears in 9- by 13- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
2. Mix honey, brown sugar, wine and cinnamon together in small bowl.
3. Spoon over pears and toss gently until coated.
4. Bake at 400° F for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
5. Spoon into individual dessert bowls. Sprinkle Glazed Almonds on top.
Directions for Glazed Almonds
1. In small bowl, beat 1 egg white until foamy.
2. Stir in 1 package (6 ounces) sliced almonds until well coated; remove almonds and drain.
3. Toss with 1/3 cup granulated sugar.
4. Spread in single layer and well separated on lightly oiled baking sheet.
5. Bake at 300° F, turning frequently with spatula, until golden brown and caramelized, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Recipe provided by CalPear.com, Sacramento, California.