Open in new window to print
Title: Muscadine Cake
1 box Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix (pudding in the mix)
½ c vegetable oil
½ Muscadine wine
¾ c Muscadine wine
½ c sugar
1 stick of butter/margarine
Directions for Cake
1. Reheat oven to 325 degrees and grease regular-size bundt pan.
2. Mix above ingredients in a large mixing bowl on medium speed for approximately 7 minutes (or until the mixture is very smooth.)
3. Pour the mixture into the greased bundt pan and place in the oven for 50-60 minutes. The cake is finished when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean
Directions for Sauce
1. On stove top, mix above ingredients over medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Bring to a very low boil and continue to stir for 4-6 minutes (this evaporates most of the alcohol and leaves the wonderful sweet taste of Muscadine wine!)
1. One you take the cake out of the oven, carefully pour the sauce over the bottom of the bundt pan making certain to allow the sauce time to seep in. Cover the entire area of the cake.
2. Let the cake sit for 30 minutes and then (carefully) flip the cake upside down releasing it from the bundt pan.
3. Allow it to sit for another 30 minutes and the cake is ready to serve! Even better after a day or two in a sealed container!
Recommendations for ease: If possible, before pouring the sauce over the cake, make sure the cake releases from the walls of the bundt pan for easy removal later. If done correctly, this will prevent the cake from splitting in half when removing it later after the sauce has soaked for 30 minutes.