Open in new window to print
Title: Truffle Torte
1 lb Belgian dark chocolate (May also use bittersweet or semisweet)
1 c heavy whipping cream
1 T sugar
1 T butter
1 T Wintergreen Winery Raspberry wine or raspberry liqueur
1 T crème de cacao
1 t confectioner’s sugar
Wintergreen Winery Raspberry wine (or raspberry liqueur) and/or 6 ounces unsweetened frozen raspberries
¼ c sugar
1. Chop chocolate into small bits, and place in a bowl.
2. Combine the heavy cream, sugar and butter in a 1 quart saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Pour at once on chocolate, and stir until smooth. Make sure all the chocolate is melted.
5. Pour half the mixture in an 8 inch round cake pan, or a 9x9 square pan.
6. Add the crème de cacao, and mix well.
7. Rap the pan against the counter to even it out, then set in the freezer.
8. Add raspberry liqueur to other half, and mix well.
9. When cooled, beat it until it lightens in color and texture.
10. Pour over the frozen half, and place back in freezer.
To prepare raspberry sauce, combine wit sugar and blend. Chill.
To unmold the torte, dip pan into hot water for about 15 sceonds, then run a knife around the edge. Rap firmly to dislodge. Smooth with spatula, and return to the freezer for about 5 minutes. Drizzle confectioner’s sugar. You only need to serve fudge size pieces, as it is very rich.
Serve with raspberry sauce and/or Wintergreen Winery Raspberry wine.
Provided by Wintergreen Winery, Virginia