Open in new window to print
Title: Biscotti al Vino
400 gr flour 00 (about
180 g brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup white wine
1 teaspoon baking powder vanilla
a pinch of salt
1. Mix the flour with the sugar. Place them in a heap on the wood work.
2. Add oil and wine and incorporate gently with a fork.
3. When the mixture begins to be blended mix with your hands (the dough should be soft but strong, add wine if necessary).
4. Add baking powder vanilla, salt and mix well.
5. For a portion of the dough add anise seeds.
6. Remove small pieces of dough, forming the cords and close to donuts.
7. Place the donuts on a plate of the oven covered with parchment paper, sprinkle with sugar.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 180° C (about 350º F) for 15-20 minutes.
9. Cool on the grid.
They keep for days in a glass jar with airtight seal.
Recipe provided by Barberani Winery, Orvieto, Italy.