Open in new window to print
Title: Hawk and Horse Vineyards Latigo Sweet Potato Pie
2 medium sweet potatoes - roasted and peeled
2 medium eggs
1 c heavy cream
¼ c real maple syrup
¼ c dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla - yes - two tablespoons - we do not use vanilla sparingly at this ranch!
¼ c Hawk and Horse Vineyards Latigo Dessert wine
To taste: ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg
1. In a food processor or blender, process sweet potatoes until smooth and creamy.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs
3. Add sweet potatoes and blend until smooth
4. Add maple syrup, sugar, vanilla, Latigo, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg - blend until uniform
5. Pour into 9” pie crust - or, for a gluten-free delicacy, into a deep buttered baking dish - preferably glass.
6. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
7. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until done (use tooth-pick method - if it comes out clean, its done.)
8. Remove from oven and serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream
We make our own whipped cream: use one cup of heavy whipping cream, sweeten with just a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup, one teaspoon Latigo and one teaspoon vanilla - YUM!
Recipe provided by Hawk and Horse Vineyards in Lake County, California.