Open in new window to print
Title: Audrey’s Niagara Wine Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 pkg. (3½ oz.) French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
¾ tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 c Naylor Niagara Wine
Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
1. Grease a 9 or 10 inch tube cake pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large mixer bowl, place all ingredients. Mix on low until all ingredients are moist, then beat on high for 2 min. Stop mixer and scrape sides of bowl. Beat another minute.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven until tester inserted in middle of cake comes out dry, about 45 – 50 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on cake rack for 25 min.
6. Loosen cake from side and remove bottom from pan and continue to cool on rack.
7. When completely cool, remove from tube. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Provided by Naylor Wine Cellars, Pennsylvania.