Open in new window to print
Title: Lakewood Vineyards’ Puddin’-N-Port
¾ c sugar
6 T unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
3 T cornstarch
¼ t salt
2 c milk
6 oz Toll House Chocolate Chips – mini morsels
1 ½ c heavy cream
1 t pure vanilla extract
Baker’s White Chocolate for grating
Lakewood Vineyards' Port
- Working over a large bowl, sift ½ c of the sugar with the cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Whisk I ½ c of milk to make a smooth paste; scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure every is well mixed.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream with the remaining 1 ½ cups of milk and ¼ c of sugar and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to moderately low and stir in the cocoa paste. Whisking constantly, boil the mixture for 1 minute. Pour the mixture over the chocolate in the bowl. Add the vanilla and stir until the pudding is just blended, so that as you let the silken magic melt across your tongue, you occasionally find a dense piece of dark chocolate to bite.
- Pour the pudding into six glasses or 1-cup ramekins and let cool to room temperature. Cover the puddings and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours.
- Just prior to serving drizzle Lakewood Vineyards’ Port over desired amount of pudding and be sure to pour a glass for yourself and your guests too, if you are will to share!
- Savor Lakewood Vineyards’ Puddin-N-Port and say “mmm”.
Tip: The pudding can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Recipe makes approximately 6 servings.
Provided by Lakewood Vineyards, New York