Open in new window to print
Title: Sirloin Beef Tips in Red Wine
1 slice bacon, cut in small pieces
2 lbs sirloin beef tips or stew beef
2 c Goose Watch Cabernet Sauvignon
1 c beef broth
1 T tomato paste
1 t salt
1 t minced garlic
1/2 t. dried marjoram leaves
1 T finely chopped parsley
1 bay leaf, broken in half
3 T flour
1/2 lb of tiny white onions, peeled
1 lb baby carrots
2 lbs tiny red potatoes
1/2 lb small mushrooms, cut in half
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Cook bacon until crisp in a large flameproof casserole over medium-high heat.
3. Remove bacon, leaving fat in casserole.
4. Add beef and brown on all sides.
5. Remove beef and set aside.
6. Add 1 1/2 cups red wine, beef broth, tomato paste, salt, garlic, marjoram, parsley and bay leaf to the casserole.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Whisk together the flour and remaining 1/2 cup wine; add to the liquid in casserole.
9. Add beef, bacon and vegetables.
10. Cover and bake 1 1/2 - 2 hours until beef is tender.
11. Serve with Goose Watch Cabernet Sauvignon.
Recipe provided by Goose Watch Winery, New York.