Open in new window to print
Title: Savory Summer Lamb Kabobs
1½ lbs Shannon Ranch Natural Grass Fed USDA Spring Lab sirloin roast, cut into 1½” cubes
Savory Summer Marinade (recipe follows)
1 small onion, cut into 1½” strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1½” cubes
12” wooden skewers, soaked in water
Ingredients for Savory Summer Marinade
½ c dry red wine or orange juice
¼ c fat-free chicken broth
3 T grape jelly
3 T red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 t dried rosemary leaves, crushed
2 t dried marjoram leaves, crushed
1 bay leaf
1 t seasoned salt
1 t finely chopped ginger root
1. In medium bowl, blend marinade ingredients.
2. Add lamb cubes; cover, refrigerate and marinate 4 to 24 hours.
3. Mix several times.
4. Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade.
5. Thread meat on skewers, alternating meat, onion, and bell pepper.
6. To broil: cook lamb 4 inches from heat source. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness: 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium or 170 degrees for well.
7. To grill: Cook lamb over medium-hot coals. Grill 4 inches over coals for 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired of doneness: 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium or 170 degrees for well.
Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees.
Recipe provided by Vigilance Vineyards and Winery in Lake County, California.