Open in new window to print
Title: Rock Cornish Game Hen baked in Boysenberry Nectar
4 Rock Cornish game hens
2 c Redstone Boysenberry Nectar
2 t fresh rosemary
½ c (1 stick) butter, melted
2 c breadcrumbs (specifically, cubes of whole wheat French bread brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper and toasted in 350 degree oven)
¾ c fresh or frozen cranberries
Boysenberry Nectar is a medium sweet mead. The boysenberries make it crisp and drier.
1. Thaw birds
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Boil mead, rosemary and cranberries until reduced by half.
4. Toss ½ the melted butter with the breadcrumbs.
5. Rinse birds and pat dry; rub cavity and surface with coarse (kosher) salt or sea salt.
6. Stuff them with breadcrumbs, and place in roasting pan.
7. Pour reduction over birds, then the rest of the melted butter, grind black pepper on them, and bake for 1-1¼ hours, basting occasionally, until meat thermometer in one of the birds declares them safe.
RRecipe provided by Redstone Meadery in Boulder, Colorado.