Open in new window to print
Title: Oyster Mushroom Crème Risotto
5 T St. Andre triple creme cheese; substitute with other triple creme cheese if St. Andre is unavailable
1 c chopped oyster mushrooms
3 c Italian rice
1/4 c cream
3/4 c Angelina’s Reserve 2007 (Chardonnay)
3 c turkey stock
1/4 c onion minced
2 tsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 minced onion
1. Sautee chopped mushrooms in 8-quart pot with butter and olive oil, along with minced garlic and onion.
2. Add rice to pot, flooding gradually with 1 cup turkey stock and a 1/4 cup Riverview Cellars Angelina’s Reserve Chardonnay 2007.
3. Let the rice cook and absorb the liquid while constantly stirring. Once dry, flood again with same amount. Repeat until rice is cooked. (It’s likely you’ll need 3 floods, but having more stock and wine on hand can’t hurt.)
4. Having removed the rind, add 5 Tbsps triple creme cheese and stir to integrate into risotto.
5. While stirring, add a 1/4 cup cream.
6. Once ready, plate risotto and garnish with salt or pepper to taste.
Serves 6-10 people pending portion size.
Recipe provided by Riverview Cellars, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada.