Open in new window to print
Title: Mediterranean Scallops
1 sprig thyme
1 garlic clove
2 dl dry white wine (about 0.85 cups)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Insert the point of a knife between the upper and lower shells, open them and scoop the scallop. Wash the shells and keep them.
2. Remove any beige or dark membrane adhering to the scallop flesh and carefully rinse the scallops in cold water.
3. Dry them and put them in a bowl with the chopped garlic, some thyme leaves, 2 spoons extra virgin olive oil, white wine and some pepper.
4. Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the fridge for about 3 hours.
5. Heat a grill, dry the scallops with some kitchen paper.
6. Cook them on the hot grill for about 1 minute and a half, flip them, then let them cook for another minute and a half and place them in the shell.
7. Before serving them, pour some drops of Juniper Traditional Balsamic Vinegar.
Recipe provided by Acetaia di Giorgio, Modena, Italy.