Open in new window to print
Title: Lamb Rag-Out
1 lb boneless lamb
1 T butter
1 T olive oil
5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 t finely minced rosemary needles
1/2 c Cabernet Sauvignon
14 oz beef broth
3 T tomato paste
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/4 c kalamata olives, chopped
1 T fresh parsley
This recipe is made using raw lamb. It can be made with leftover leg of lamb, chopped into one-inch cubes, which is my preferred method. If using leftover meat, omit browning the meat. Just put all ingredients in a heavy pot and simmer for an hour.
1. Heat oil and butter. Add lamb in small amounts to brown.
2. Add garlic and rosemary, cook for one minute.
3. Add wine and stir, mix in beef broth and tomato paste.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
5. Remove cover, increase heat to medium high and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
6. Add tomatoes and olives and cook 5 minutes.
7. Stir in parsley and serve over a bed of noodles or rice.
Pairs well with Milbrandt Vineyards 2008 Traditions Cabernet Sauvignon.
Recipe provided and created by Co-owner Butch MIlbrandt, Milbrandt Vineyards in Prosser, Washington.