Open in new window to print
Title: Cherry Mustard Chicken
1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
salt and black pepper
3 Tablespoons butter
3 T olive oil
1 c white wine
1 c chicken broth
¼ c Dijon mustard
2 T cornstarch
2 T balsamic vinegar
1 T water
2 c pitted sweet cherries
¼ c sliced green onion
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then lightly toss in flour; shake off excess.
- Heat half the butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat; add half the chicken.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is golden and cooked through. Remove to platter and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chicken.
- Stir wine, chicken broth and mustard into skillet, scraping up browned bits.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch, vinegar and water; stir into skillet.
- Add cherries and boil mixture, stirring until sauce thickens; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onion.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Recipe provided by Northwest Cherry Growers.