Open in new window to print
Title: Salmon With Crimini Mushrooms in Beef Broth Sauce
4 six ounce salmon fillets with skin on
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
½ pound crimini mushrooms sliced in ¼
2 tablespoon diced red onion
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
½ cup red wine
½ cup beef broth
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- In a large oven proof skillet heat three tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the salmon flesh side down and cook for approx. 3 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and cook for approx. 10 minutes. While the salmon is cooking melt the butter over medium high heat into olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and red onion and cook for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine and beef broth and continue cooking until wine and broth are reduced by half.
- Finish by adding marjoram.
- Assembly: Put sauce, red onion and mushrooms on four individual plates, put a salmon skin side up over mushrooms.
Recipe provided by B Cellars Winery and Tasting Salon.