Open in new window to print
Title: Crock-Pot Turkey, Sausage and Tempranillo
1 lb of mild Italian sausages
1 turkey breast
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 sprigs of sage
3 sprigs of parsley
3 cups of water
1 cup of Tempranillo
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat.
2. While sausages are browning place 3 cups of water and 1 cup of Tempranillo into a crock-pot.
3. Add turkey breast to the crock-pot.
4. After sausages are browned, add them to the crock-pot.
5. Coat the bottom of the frying pan with olive oil.
6. Sauté garlic and onion.
7. Add sautéed onion and garlic to the crock-pot.
8. Cut sage and parsley into small pieces and add to the contents in the crock-pot.
9. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Recipe by Terry Sullivan, Wine Trail Traveler.