Open in new window to print
Title: Crock-Pot Chili
1 sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic
extra virgin olive oil
1 lb ground beef
1 can 28 oz diced tomatoes
1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained
1 c Cabernet Franc
Spices: pepper, salt,
4 T Penzey’s Chili Powder (regular)
1. Dice sweet onion and garlic.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic in a skillet thickly coated with olive oil.
3. Add to the crockpot the tomatoes, black beans, Cabernet Franc and the sautéd onions and garlic.
4. Set crockpot to medium heat setting.
5. Brown the ground beef and add to crockpot.
6. Add salt, pepper and chili power to crockpot. Cover.
7. Cook on medium heat for 8 hours.
Recipe by Terry Sullivan, Wine Trail Traveler.