Open in new window to print
Christine Johnson's Winding Road Cellars Vidal Blanc Shrimp Scampi
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1-2 T olive oil
3-4 T garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups Winding Road Cellars Vidal Blanc
Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
1 T Italian seasoning
1/2 cup softened butter
1 T parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and pepper
1. Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil.
2. Add shrimp and cook until tender. Remove shrimp and set aside. Turn heat down on skillet.
3. Add garlic and cook 2-5 minutes. Don't let garlic brown as it will turn bitter.
4. Add Winding Road Cellars Vidal Blanc and lemon juice. Cook until wine and lemon juice are reduced by half.
5. Once reduced, add Italian seasoning.
6. Reduce heat to low. Add the butter. If the pan is too hot the sauce will separate. Adding it on low allows it to melt beautifully.
7. Add shrimp back in once butter is melted and add parsley. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
8. Serve with pasta of your choice. Enjoy with another glass of Winding Road Cellars Vidal Blanc!!
Recipe provided by Winding Road Cellars in Markham, Virginia.