Open in new window to print
Title: Dried Cranberry & Multigrain Bread Stuffing
3 cups multigrain bread crumbs (not large or fine chunks)
1 cup dried cranberries that have been soaked in one cup of Cherry Creek Cellars Cranberry Passion for several hours
1 medium sweet onion finely chopped & sauteed until soft
½ cup finely chopped almonds
2 ozs packages Neufchatel cheese soft
1 t thyme
¼ t ground black pepper
Note: Can use a cranberry wine for the Cranberry Passion
1. Drain cranberries reserving the liquid.
2. Coarsely chop the cranberries.
3. Mix well the Neufchatel, cranberries, onion, pepper, & thyme.
4. Mix in the breadcrumbs.
5. Sprinkle the reserved Cranberry Passion over the bread mix, folding to blend.
6. Stuff poultry & bake according to directions.
7 Chicken breasts can be wrapped in two sheets of phyllo that have been lightly brushed with olive oil, bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
Provided by Chef Marian Gray Cherry Creek Cellars, Michigan.