Open in new window to print
Title: Chicken with Mustard & Wine Sauce
3 boneless chicken breasts
2 T peanut oil
2 large garlic cloves, peeled & sliced thin
2 T chopped shallots
1/2- 1 c Swedish Hill Dry Riesling
1 c leeks, sliced into 2-inch lengths, washed & drained
Salt & pepper to taste
3 T Dijon mustard
1/4 c heavy cream
1. Cut chicken breasts into 2 inch squares.
2. Heat a large frying pan or wok and add oil.
3. Sauté chicken pieces over high heat, stirring as you cook, until they are browned.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan; drain the oil.
5. Sauté the garlic and shallots in the pan for a minute.
6. Add the Swedish Hill Dry Riesling and chicken.
7. Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
8. Increase heat to high. Add leeks. Toss and cook for a moment. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
10. Add the mustard and cream. Toss and serve.
11. You may need to add more wine if the sauce is too thick.
12. Serve with Swedish Hill Dry Riesling.
Recipe provided by Swedish Hill Vineyard, New York.