Open in new window to print
Title: Poulet De Chaunac
2 chicken breasts
2 Shallots, or 1 small onion
2 T soy sauce
3 cups dry red wine
1 T butter
1 T olive oil
1 t cornstarch
- Remove the skin from the chicken and discard any visible fat.
- With a sharp knife, split and seperate each breast, discarding the pointed cartilaginous bone in the center.
- Place in a medium-size roasting pan with the shallots.
- Pour the soy sauce and 2 cups of the wine over the chicken and add 2 T of water.
- Season with black pepper and place in a preheated oven at 350°F for 35 minutes, turning twice.
- Remove from the pan and place on a warmed serving dish.
- Saute the mushrooms in a frying pan with the butter and olive oil.
- Add the pan juices and shallots to the mshrooms and sufficient wine to make approximately 1 cup of sauce.
- In a teacup mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water.
- Mix thoroughly to avoid lumps, then add to the sauce in the frying pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly as it thickens.
- Place chicken on preheated plates with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Pour over the sauce and serve immediately.
Provided by Buckingham Valley Vineyards, Pennsylvania.