Open in new window to print
Title: Cave Spring Rosé Steamed P.E.I. Mussels with Spring Onion, Grain Mustard and Caper Berry
2lbs Prince Edward Island Mussels - washed and de-bearded
¼ c quartered caper berries or whole capers
½ t garlic puree
1oz grape seed oil
6oz Cave Spring Rosé
3 pieces green onion sliced thinly
1T grain mustard sea salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
Note: The Cave Spring Rosé is made from Cabernet varietal grapes.
1. Over medium heat in a large saucepot sauté mussels, caper berries and garlic together in grape seed oil 1 minute.
2. Add Rosé, cover with tight fitting lid and steam over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until mussels begin to open.
3. Add mustard, green onions and stir in for 30 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to serving dish, discarding any mussels that do not open, garnish with fresh herbs from the garden and toasted baguette.
5. Pour remaining Cave Spring Rosé into glasses and serve with mussels.
Provided by Inn on the Twenty, Jordan, Ontario, Canada.