Open in new window to print
Title: Cornish Hens with Merlot Glaze
4 Cornish hens
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 whole cloves garlic
8 rosemary sprigs
8 thyme sprigs
2 T butter
½ c raspberry jam
2 T fresh lemon juice
¼ c Goosecross Merlot
1. Wash Cornish hens thoroughly and pat dry. Season the chickens all over and in the cavity with salt and pepper.
2. Stuff each chicken with 2 garlic cloves, and 2 sprigs each of rosemary and thyme. Set the chickens in a large roasting pan.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring the glaze ingredients to a boil and reduce.
4. Baste the chickens with the glaze.
5. Roast the chicken for about 1¼ hours, basting twice while cooking, until an instant-read thermometer reaches 165° when inserted into the thigh.
6. Let the chickens rest 10 minutes before carving.
Provided by Colleen Topper at Goosecross Cellars, Yountville, California.