Open in new window to print
Title: Pan Fried Chicken with Tarragon
2 T unsalted butter
1 T vegetable oil
6 boneless skinless chicken ;breast halves
1 c dry white wine or vermouth
3 t Dijon mustard
2 T fresh tarragon, chopped
1 c heavy cream
1. Melt butter in oil in a heavy non-stick skillet over a medium high heat.
2. Sauté chicken breasts about 4 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. Add wine to the same skillet. Bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
4. Stir in the mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Whisk in cream and boil until mixture thickens slightly for about 3 minutes.
6. Return chicken to the pan and turn to coat with sauce. Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, until chicken is tender.
7. Serve chicken with sauce.
Paired New Zealand or French Unoaked Chardonnay
Provided by Vinopolis, London, United Kingdom