Open in new window to print
Title: Veramar Lamb Chops with Wine, Tomatoes & Crispy Veggies
12 spring lamb rib chops
10 ripe tomatoes
3 large onions
2 Tbl. grape seed or olive oil
1 sprig of thyme
1 bay leaf
1/2 bunch chives; finely chopped
4 Tbl. red wine vinegar
1/3 cup Red Wine
salt & pepper to taste
Crispy Raw Vegetables:
4 oz. zucchini
4 oz. mushrooms
1 bell pepper; sliced in rings
24 mint leaves; finely chopped
¼ cup vinaigrette made from grape seed oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Immerse tomatoes in boiling water for 20 seconds. Run them under cold
water. Remove from water. Remove skin and seeds. Cut in large pieces
and set aside.
2. Chop onions finely, brown 3 minutes in hot Grape Seed
oil; add thyme, bay leaf and chives, then the tomatoes. Cook rapidly,
stirring often, until there is almost no liquid left. Add vinegar and
Red wine, cook over low heat 5-7 minutes until sauce-like consistency.
3. Prepare the crispy vegetables by dicing them finely and
marinating in the vinaigrette for 3 minutes.
4. Fry the lamb chops in a mixture of oil and butter for 3-4 minutes per
side, to taste, or broil, rotating for even cooking.
5. Spread the tomato sauce on serving plates. Place the lamb chops on
top; Arrange the vegetables around them. Sprinkle with herbs.
Serves 4. Serve with a richly flavored Veramar Norton or Veramar Rooster Red
Provided by James Bogaty, Veramar Vineyard - Berryville, Virginia.