Open in new window to print
Title: Vintage Ridge Cabernet Franc with Gorgonzola Meatballs
1 lb lean ground beef, lean
1 egg, beaten
1 to 2 small cooking/boiling onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ to ½ c crumbled bleu-OR-gorgonzola cheese
½ c Italian breadcrumbs
1 T extra-virgin olive oil
½ c dry red wine
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
½ t crushed red pepper flakes
2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
A handful of chopped flat parsley
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Package of spaghetti or egg noodles
1. Combine meat, egg, onion, garlic, cheese, breadcrumbs, & a few dashes of black pepper.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat & drizzle w/olive oil.
3. Roll small balls & drop into hot pan. Give pan a good shake & cover. Cook about 8 minutes, shaking frequently (to avoid burning).
4. Add wine and let reduce 1-2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes & red pepper flakes, then oregano & parsley.
6. Simmer until pasta is ready. Serve over a plate of noodles or toss with entire pasta bowl.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Provided by Lindsey Charles at Vintage Ridge Vineyard & Winery, Virginia.