Open in new window to print
Title: Pork and Plums with Port Wine
3 T butter
1 pork loin, cut into flanks
1 can dark plums with syrup
1 onion finely chopped
½ c Port of Chambourcin
1 T oil
½ can apple juice
Pinch of mace, sea salt and coarse ground black pepper
Note: Port of Chambourcin is a port wine made from Chambourcin grapes.
1. Heat butter and oil in a frying pan, fry both sides of filets until lightly brown. Transfer to plate.
2. Strain plums, reserving juice.
3. In a saucepan combine apple juice & plums. Heat until warm.
4. Take ½ plums along with reserved plum juice and puree.
5. Add the onions to the frying pan and sauté onions until soft.
6. Return pork to the pan. Add Port of Chambourcin. Stir until heated.
7. Add remaining whole plums, mace, salt and pepper to taste.
8. Warm thoroughly.
9. Garnish with sage leaves.
Recipe provided by The Winery at Wilcox, Wilcox, Pennsylvania.