Open in new window to print
Title: Pistachio Encrusted Grouper
½ c ground pistachio nuts
3 T butter, softened
2 T unflavored dry bread crumbs
1 t chopped fresh basil
½ t minced garlic
Salt & freshly ground pepper
4 seven-ounce skinless grouper fillets
(or snapper, cod or sea bass)
1/3 c all-purpose flour
2 T grape seed oil (may use olive oil)
1. Combine pistachios, butter, bread crumbs, basil, garlic, 1/8 t salt and pinch of pepper in small bowl until mixed well.
2. Preheat broiler. Lightly oil jelly roll pan.
3. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper.
4. Place flour on sheet of wax paper. Dip each side of fish fillets in four, shaking off excess.
5. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add fish and cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 3 minutes. (The fish should not be cooked through.)
6. Transfer to jelly roll pan and spread fish evenly with nut mixture. Broil 5 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes until browned and cooked through. (If topping browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil.)
To serve, arrange fish on steamed spinach leaves with lemon wedges.
Serve with Wintergreen Winery’s Black Rock Chardonnay or Black Rock Chardonnay Reserve.
Recipe provided by Wintergreen Winery, Virginia.