Open in new window to print
Title: Rosemary Medallions of Beef Tenderloin & Lobster Mashed Potatoes with Valhalla Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Demi-Glace Reduction
1 beef tenderloin, cleaned
2 oz fresh rosemary, de-stemmed & chopped
1.5 oz demi-glace
1 bottle Valhalla Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
6 oz lobster tail, shells removed
4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled & quartered
1 small sweet onion, diced
¼ lb seasonal fresh mushrooms, diced
1 lb unsalted butter
1/2 qt heavy cream
Kosher sea salt, fresh ground pepper
1. Add wine to demi-glace and reduce at medium heat until sauce consistency is reached about 1 hour+. Add diced mushroom & onion at the halfway point.
2. Remove chain, fat, & silver skin from the tenderloin. Your butcher will frequently offer this service.
3. Season tenderloin with salt & pepper.
4. Grill tenderloin until internal core temperature reaches medium rare (145º). Allow tenderloin to rest at least 10 minutes after grilling.
5. While the tenderloin is on the grill and resting, peel & quarter potatoes. boil potatoes until tender & drain.
6. Sauté lobster meat in ½ pound of butter. Reserve butter.
7. Remove lobster from pan & add heavy cream to warm.
8. Chop lobster to a medium dice.
9. Add butter & cream mixture to potatoes, mash until smooth, fold in lobster, season with salt & pepper.
10. Finish demi-glace wine reduction with ½ pound of butter.
11. Slice beef tenderloin into medallions.
12. Plate the lobster, mashed potatoes and tenderloin medallions. Sauce the tenderloin and potatoes. Garnish with rosemary.
Pair with Valhalla Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon.
Recipe provided by Valhalla Vineyards, Virginia and Jason Pollard a la Carte Executive Chef Service.