Open in new window to print
Title: Sweet and Sour Pork Kebabs
2 lbs Canadian Pork loin, boneless, cut (1 kg) in 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes
1/2 c (125 mL) dry white wine
1/4 c (50 mL) ketchup
2 T (25 mL) vinegar
1 t (5 mL)Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c (75 mL) brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t (5 mL) powdered mustard
1/2 t (2 mL) ground black pepper
1 medium onion, cut in 8 wedges
1 red pepper, cut into 1 in (2.5 cm) chunks
1 can (14 fl oz/398 mL) pineapple, chunks, drained
16 each mushrooms, cherry tomatoes
1. Place Pork in a plastic bag or non-metal sealable container.
2. In a saucepan, combine wine, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, garlic, powdered mustard and black pepper and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Cool and pour over Pork cubes. Close container and marinate 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
4. If using bamboo skewers, presoak in water 1 hour to prevent burning.
5. Drain marinade into a small saucepan and boil 1 minute.
6. Thread Pork cubes onto skewers, alternating meat with wedges of onion, chunks of red pepper, pineapple, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes.
7. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium. Place kebabs on grill; close barbecue cover and grill kebabs 10 to 12 minutes, turning often and basting with marinade.
Recipe provided by Put Pork On Your Fork website.