Open in new window to print
Title: Barbecued Ribs with Italian Marinade
4 lbs, (or 4 racks) of pork ribs
1/2 c olive oil
1 c dry red wine
1/2 c dry sherry
4 medium garlic cloves, crushed
1 T dried thyme
1 T dried tarragon
1 T finely ground black pepper
1 small (about 8 ounce) can tomato paste
1 t salt
12 quarts water
1. Par-boil ribs in large 12-quart sauce pan for 15 minutes, then remove.
2. In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except ribs, and mix thoroughly.
3. Place ribs in a deep roasting pan, and pour mixture over them.
4. Marinate for 6 hours, turning and basting ribs to ensure that they are well-covered with the marinade.
5. Barbecue ribs on grill for 1/2 hour.
6. Use spray bottle with water to keep down the flames.
Recipe provided by Crinella Winery, Sonoma Valley, California.