Open in new window to print
Title: Chicken in Red Wine Sauce
2 T olive oil
1 each large onion, finely diced
2 T Sage, ground
2 c Cherry Red wine
2 c chicken broth
3 T olive oil
4 each chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
6 each shallots, minced
1 lb mushrooms (cremini or portabella), sliced
½ c whipping cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add wine, chicken stock, and sage. Boil until liquid is reduced by 1 cup, about 25 minutes.
4. Strain sauce into a small saucepan.
5. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in another heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
6. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, 15 minutes.
7. Add shallots and mushrooms. Saute until golden, about 10 minutes. If mixture is to dry add a little chicken broth or more oil.
8. When the mushrooms have cooked pour strained sauce over the mushrooms and add cream. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe provided by Cherry Republic, Glen Arbor, Michigan.