Open in new window to print
Title: Shelton Farms Chicken Duo
1 free-range, organic chicken (2.5 lbs), cut into parts
1 oz Neudske’s Applewood Bacon, diced
½ carrot, small oblique
½ celery, minced
2 T of garlic, sliced thinly
1 shallot, sliced thinly
¼ pearl onion, whole (frozen is easiest)
¼ c Sangiovese or similar red wine
1-3 t of flour
3 oz heavy cream
3/4 c Roasted Reduced Chicken Stock
¼ lb (4 oz) Maitre de Butter
1 oz (2 T) White Truffle Oil
Parsley oil and a fried carrot chip
1. Season thighs/legs, tie together and place on a sheet plan. Roast at 400 degrees until golden brown.
2. Slowly sauté the diced bacon to golden; add the vegetables and sauté until translucent. Deglaze the pan with red wine. Dust with flour to thicken the sauce.
3. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer, then add heavy cream.
4. Pour sauce over thighs/legs and cover. Place in 300 degree oven and braise until tender.
5. Cook chicken breast to 165 degrees and plate with thighs/legs.
6. Garnish with parsely oil and carrot chip. Serve with Potato Boulengere and green beans.
Enjoy with your favorite Temecula red!
Recipe by Dean Thomas, Executive Chef of Vineyard Rose Restaurant.
Recipe provided by the Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association.