Open in new window to print
Title: Chicken in Wine
¼ c chopped fresh parsley
1 T chopped fresh rosemary
2 t chopped fresh sage
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¾ t ground black pepper
12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 ¾ lbs)
6 thin slices of ham, cut in half
1 T olive oil
1 c White Hall Cabernet Sauvignon
Enjoy this hearty dish on a cold winter night with a bottle of our Cabernet Sauvignon.
1. In a small bowl mix together parsley, rosemary, sage, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Lay a thigh skinned side down on a clean work surfaces.
3. Spoon about a t of the herb mixture onto the chicken, spreading it over the meat; set apiece of ham trimmed to fit on top.
4. Roll up meet into a bundle and tie with string.
5. Prepare remaining thighs in the same manner.
6. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
7. Add chicken bundles and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, about 6 minutes.
8. Add wine and reduce heat to medium-low.
9. Simmer, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and the wine has been reduced to a glaze, about 20 minutes.
Provided by White Hall Vineyards, Virginia.